Website design by WebDes
How does it Work?
- Food is collected from churches, schools, and other interested organisations.
- Each parcel contains enough nutritionally balanced food for three days. All food is non – perishable (ie. no fresh fruit, frozen foods etc).
- Most of the items are stored in a local warehouse which has been checked by the Health and Safety Executive.
- Those in need of help are referred by GPs, Health visitors, CAB, clergy, Community Workers etc – any professionals who are likely to come into contact with people in real need. For a full list of referring bodies, please see below. Unfortunately it is not possible to self-refer.
- During the COVID crisis, we introduced an electronic referral system for our referral agencies. We intend to continue to use this system and have amended it accordingly. Any agency needing the link should contact email@example.com or telephone Jane on 07935771843.
- CEF's aim is to help people through a time of crisis, so during this period, people can be referred 5 times without any questions asked. If the need continues, a discussion will be held between the referrer and CEF to try and come up with a workable solution.
Note We are only able to help those who have access to cooking facilities.
- All Social services depts.
- All Health centres/Surgeries
- Oxford City Council Support workers
- Thames Valley Police/Probation
Charities working with vulnerable people
Asylum Welcome/Refugee support groups.
Homeless support workers/charities
Job Centre plus
Employment training schemes
Sheltered Housing schemes
School Welfare Officers
From our feedback box:
Friendly and welcoming. Explained the service well and with a smile. You do amazing work, keep it up
Thank you for everything you do it really does help alot. I'm glad there are people still like you about. Thank you so much.
"At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality”
2nd letter to the Corinthians
Please contact Jane Benyon
The Community Emergency Food Bank - Registered Charity No 1153907
Patrons: The Rt Revd Steven Croft, Bishop of Oxford and The Revd Canon Geoff Baylis, Vicar of St James and St Francis Churches, Oxford